Shop Inspection, Expediting,
& Tracking Services
All purchase orders and contracts should be expedited on a regular basis to ensure on-time delivery of an acceptable quality product. The level of expediting required for a specific purchase order or contract should be decided upon award and adjusted as required based on the supplier’s performance and the importance of delivery.
The following are expediting functions that are required to ensure successful on-time completion of a capital project:
· Constant contact with the vendors and suppliers to ensure the
· Shop Inspections as required to verify progress.
· Expediting the submittal of vendor data and drawings as required to complete detailed design and engineering.
· Preparing and distributing equipment and material status reports to project personnel.
· Furnishing Owner and Project Personnel with information regarding a vendor’s inability to perform for such reasons as labor problems, supply problems, shutdowns, or other situations that could affect a vendor’s ability to comply with the terms of the purchase order.
· Developing practical and economical methods of improving
The following are typical activities completed while expediting a capital project’s needs:
· Establishing an expediting file for each purchase order while
· Expediting written purchase order acknowledgements and written schedule commitments.
· Meeting with project management to compare real “Field Need Dates” with scheduled delivery dates.
· Issuing material and equipment status reports to keep project
· Determining the supplier’s planned method of delivering the
· Obtaining supplier’s internal control numbers and lower-tier
· Constantly confirming promised data submission dates and delivery dates.
· Determining shipping points.
· Performing shop inspections and audits as required to verify
· Resolving overage, shortage, and damage claims.
C. A. Services, Inc.
P. O. Box 851026 Mobile, AL 36685-1026
Phone: (251) 342-9097 Fax: (251) 342-9656
CALL ANYTIME TO DISCUSS YOUR UNIQUE NEEDS
AT ABSOLUTLY NO COST OR OBLIGATION.
© Copyright 2014 CASProjects.com all rights reserved